Saturday, April 20, 2013

Strawberry Jam Vegan Tartlets

Today I wanted to prepare a snack for my son's after soccer practice. Few days back I found a tartlet recipe on an Italian site so today I felt it was the perfect time to give it a try. The recipe is for a whole "crostata" jam cake but I made instead small tartlets, filling them with strawberry jam. After 10 years cooking with American recipes I somehow feel strange following a metric recipe but the result was great and my son and daughter loved the tartlets. The same recipe can be used to prepare fruit tartlets, where you cook the empty tartlets in the oven, fill them with vegan cream and top it with fresh fruit. I will definitively try that as well.



Growing up in Italy the "crostata" was a cake which my mother was often preparing, always made with some kind of homemade jam. I am happy to have found a great vegan recipe for these jam tartlets so I can continue the tradition of "crostata" cooking in my own home.

No comments:

Post a Comment