Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Raw Cauliflower Salad, Two Ways

I did not know you can eat raw cauliflower. Of course I did know that eating a vegetable in its raw form would be the best way to preserve its nutritional value so when I found a recipe for a raw cauliflower salad I thought I would give it a try. This was the result:



I loved the crunchiness of the cauliflower and the sweet, salty and sour combination of the ingredients. As you can see there also are broccoli florets which I already eat on a regular basis. Adding nuts was a great way to add protein to this raw dish. 

In one of my favorite food blogs I found another interesting recipe which I tried the other day. Again, the sweetness from the applesauce and the tangy flavor of the capers made the salad really interesting and pleasant to eat. 


Cauliflower Salad with Applesauce and Capers

These were definitively two filling and satisfying salads which I will be happy to eat again!

No comments:

Post a Comment